Setting Up an Events Calendar
Step 1: Access Events Settings
Click on the Events section within Site Settings
Step 2: Add Events Name and Description
You can change this optional text at any time. This will be the title and main description for your events calendar page.
Step 3: Add Event Categories
Adding categories is helpful, particularly when your company has many events and allows you to separate into logical groupings. You can always add or rename categories at a later time. In addition, adding categories to your events will allow you to create specific lists of events that you may want to display on one page together.
Creating an Individual Event Post
Step 1: Create A New Event Page
Step 2: Add Event Page Details
On your new Event page, there are a number of details to add to your page.
- Featured Image - This image shows on event post promotions and within the individual event post.
- Date - Displays an event post date.
- Page Title - Creates a page title and a variation of it for the page URL (i.e. my-page-title).
- Post Summary - The Post Summary will help your site visitors get a better idea of what your post is about. It will display in the main Blog index page and anywhere you showcase your blog posts using a Pages Block.
- Page Body - The page body is where you'll enter the majority of your blog post.
Step 3: Update Page Properties
Page Properties will help you organize your event more effectively.
- Meta Keywords - Meta Keywords can help users to identify the contents of your site within search engines.
- Categories - Categories help organize your posts into similar groupings. This helps your site visitors to more easily locate content they might be interested in.
- Tags - Tags offer a very granular way to organize popular terms in your blog post. These are typically terms that are much more specific than blog categories.
Step 4: Enhance Your Event Post
Want to have a more robust event post? In addition to the standard Page Body field (as seen in step 2), you can add as many blocks to your event post to enhance interactivity.
Creating an Events List
Creating an events list is a great way to show an overview of upcoming events. Please note that this tutorial makes the assumption that you have already added individual events within ContentActivator.
Step 1: Locate or Create a Page Where You Would Like to Display A List of Events
Select desired page within the Pages section or create a new page if you would like a dedicated events listing page
Step 2: Add a Pages List Block
Click Add New Block and then select the Pages List block option.
Step 3: Navigate to Content Type
Once you have created your Pages List block, the type of content needs to be specified. Select the Customize dropdown menu and click the General heading and then select Content Type. Then select the "Events" option to display your latest event posts. This will specify that for this block, you would like to display event posts.
Step 4: Customize As Necessary
There are a variety of customization options to display your events posts in a desired manner.