Setting Up a Job Board
Step 1: Access Jobs Settings
Click on the Jobs section within Site Settings
Step 2: Add Job and Description
You can change this optional text at any time. This will be the title and main description for your job board page.
Step 3: Add Job Categories
Adding categories is helpful, particularly when your company has many job posts or departments. Categories allow you to separate jobs into logical groupings. You can always add or rename categories at a later time. In addition, adding categories to your jobs will allow you to create specific lists of jobs that you may want to display on one page together.
Creating an Individual Job Post
Step 1: Create A New Job Page
Step 2: Add Job Page Details
On your new Job page, there are a number of details to add to your page.
- Featured Image - This image shows on the job post promotions and within the individual job post.
- Date - Displays a job post date.
- Page Title - Creates a page title and a variation of it for the page URL (i.e. my-page-title).
- Post Summary - The Post Summary will help your site visitors get a better idea of what your post is about. It will display in the main Job index page and anywhere you showcase your job posts using a Pages Block.
- Page Body - The page body is where you'll enter the majority of your job post.
Step 3: Update Page Properties
Page Properties will help you organize your job more effectively.
- Meta Keywords - Meta Keywords can help users to identify the contents of your site within search engines.
- Categories - Categories help organize your posts into similar groupings. This helps your site visitors to more easily locate content they might be interested in.
- Tags - Tags offer a very granular way to organize popular terms in your job post. These are typically terms that are much more specific than job categories.
Step 4: Enhance Your Job Post
Want to have a more robust job post? In addition to the standard Page Body field (as seen in step 2), you can add as many blocks to your job post to enhance interactivity.
Creating a Jobs List
Creating an jobs list is a great way to show an overview of jobs available. Please note that this tutorial makes the assumption that you have already added individual job posts within ContentActivator.
Step 1: Locate or Create a Page Where You Would Like to Display A List of Jobs
Select desired page within the Pages section or create a new page if you would like a dedicated jobs listing page
Step 2: Add a Pages List Block
Click Add New Block and then select the Pages List block option.
Step 3: Navigate to Content Type
Once you have created your Pages List block, the type of content needs to be specified. Select the Customize dropdown menu and click the General heading and then select Content Type. Then select the "Jobs" option to display your latest job posts. This will specify that for this block, you would like to display jobs.
Step 4: Customize As Necessary
There are a variety of customization options to display your job posts in a desired manner.