Managing a Blog
Setting Up a Blog Index
Step 1: Access Blog Settings
Click on the Blogs section within Site Settings
Step 2: Add Blog Name and Description
You can change this optional text at any time. This will be the title and main description for your blog index page.
Step 3: Add Blog Categories
Adding categories is helpful, particularly when your company has many blog posts and allows you to separate into logical groupings. You can always add or rename categories at a later time. In addition, adding categories to your blog posts will allow you to create specific lists of blogs that you may want to display on one page together.
Creating an Individual Blog Post
Step 1: Create A New Blog Post
Step 2: Add Blog Page Details
On your new Blog page, there are a number of details to add to your page.
- Featured Image - This image shows on event post promotions and within the individual blog post.
- Date - Displays an blog post date.
- Page Title - Creates a page title and a variation of it for the page URL (i.e. my-page-title).
- Post Summary - The Post Summary will help your site visitors get a better idea of what your post is about. It will display in the main Blog index page and anywhere you showcase your blog posts using a Pages Block.
- Page Body - The page body is where you'll enter the majority of your blog post.
Step 3: Update Page Properties
Page Properties will help you organize your event more effectively.
- Meta Keywords - Meta Keywords can help users to identify the contents of your site within search engines.
- Categories - Categories help organize your posts into similar groupings. This helps your site visitors to more easily locate content they might be interested in.
- Tags - Tags offer a very granular way to organize popular terms in your blog post. These are typically terms that are much more specific than blog categories.
Step 4: Enhance Your Blog Post
Want to have a more robust blog post? In addition to the standard Page Body field (as seen in step 2), you can add as many blocks to your blog post to enhance interactivity.
Creating a Blog List
Creating an blog list is a great way to show an overview of your latest blogs. Please note that this tutorial makes the assumption that you have already added individual blog posts to your site.
Step 1: Locate or Create a Page Where You Would Like to Display A List of Blogs
Select desired page within the Pages section or create a new page that you would like to display a blog list.
Step 2: Add a Pages List Block
Click Add New Block and then select the Pages List block option.
Step 3: Navigate to Content Type
Once you have created your Pages List block, the type of content needs to be specified. Select the Customize dropdown menu and click the General heading and then select Content Type. Then select the "Blogs" option to display your latest blog posts. This will specify that for this block, you would like to display blog posts.
Step 4: Customize As Necessary
There are a variety of customization options to display your blog posts in a desired manner.