How To Set Up Email With Google Apps
Although there are a number of email solutions out there, ContentActivator recommends and uses Google Apps. Google Apps is a popular cloud-based productivity suite which includes a business form of Google's popular GMail email program. In addition to email, it contains a number of other powerful solutions such as a calendar, documents and cloud file storage.
Some important things to know about Google Apps
- ContentActivator does not host or manage email.
- Setting up Google Apps is an entirely separate service which is not affiliated with ContentActivator in any way.
- Google Apps essentially has nothing to do with your site on the ContentActivator platform but it will have an impact on wherever your domain is registered (i.e. GoDaddy or Network Solutions).
- Google Apps will only work if you are using your own domain name (i.e. sitename.com) and will not work if you are using a ContentActivator domain name (i.e. sitename.contentactivator.com).
- Point your domain name (i.e. www.sitename.com) to ContentActivator. The ContentActivator support team has provided detailed instructions on how to do this.
- Set up an account with Google Apps. You should set up all email users and configure all settings as you need, per instructions provided by Google Apps.
- Once you're ready, wherever your domain is registered (i.e. GoDaddy or Network Solutions), you need to point your email records to Google Apps. Google has already created great documentation for setting up your domain to use Google Apps for many different domain registrars at https://support.google.com/a/topic/1611273?hl=en. You can also access the Google Apps support site at https://support.google.com/a/.